Thursday, September 9, 2010

FIVE.

Week 2, Q. 1

I understand the idea of the arguments and also the ways to test for a good argument. I just seemed to have a hard time getting an argument formed in my head and put out there in a way that it makes sense and could be tested for good or bad. I tried for this one and hopefully, this one works out.

Argument: Glasses are for people who have vision issues and my sister Nikki wears glasses. So Nikki has vision issues.

Analysis: So, the premises of my argument are true. The conclusion here is also true. My sister has pretty bad vision and wears glasses. But this is not really a good arguement because there is a way that the conclusion could be both true and false. Basically saying, there are exceptions to this. I didn't say that glasses are only for people with vision issues, becasue they're not! Some people wear glasses that are not prescribed to look cool or because it goes with their outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment