Saturday, October 2, 2010

THIRTEEN.

Week 6, Q. 3

I wanted to talk about accepting and rejecting claims based on whether or not we know it is true from our own experience. Also using what the previous discussion topic was about, how this is used alot in believing the advertisements I see. For example, in the past, I've had Dunk'n Donuts' coffee. The commercials for it, claim that it's the best coffe in America. I know that this is not a true argument because by my experience and standards, they definitely do not serve the best coffee in America. However, in a different light, when I see Jenny Craig ads in magazines, etc. I know that it would work, because my in my own personal experience, I have seen my stepmom lose over 60 lbs with it. So I do know for sure, unless we have reason to doubt our own memory or perceptions of things, we use our experiences to judge things and whether or not we choose to accept them. However, I think it is also important to remember to judge based off of what we actually experienced, not how we ended up feeling about the experience once it was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment