Saturday, November 13, 2010

Nov 7-13 Post 3

One concept or idea that I found interesting & discuss: One of the concepts that I dound pretty interesting in the chapter was the part that was n section C that is all about Judging Analogies. What is says is that when one is judging an analogy, it is important to hear both sides of the story before making a decision. If you only hear one side, then what you know is too vague to use as a premise. After hearing both sides, you need to find the general principle, then come to their conclusion. When I was reading this, I immediately thought of all of the court shows that I like to watch, and how the judges on those shows also listen to both sides of the story, from both the plaintiff and the defendants and come up with both of their main points and versions of the story, before making their overall ruling.

No comments:

Post a Comment